Background Information and NotesEdit
Rikimaru and Ayame could dismember the part of enemies limbs, including arms and head in many ways. The succession of dismemberment is based how much damage they could inflict to enemies. When Rikimaru/Ayame launch a heavy strike frontally to enemy when he/she has an health below 20 or 5, the dismemberment could happen with slight chance.
- There is a chance to behead enemy without doing stealth cut-scene by performing jump and slash(X + Square) at their back. While so, it's advised while nobody spots you. But once again, this only occur by player's luck.
- In Tenchu 2, these technique is no longer available and replaced by stealth technique cut-scene.
- It should be noticed if player could dismember their arms by thrusting to enemies when doing face-to-face or when doing stealth.
- There's a rumor for an early installment of Tenchu about the interview with lead director where you can explode the enemy into a pieces by using grenade in stealth mode instead dealt huge damage in final version. This, however, never occured as it was limited by strict Japanese Censorship Regulation.
- Due the heavy censorship in Japan, an Acquire version of Tenchu doesn't include decapitation and pool of blood on the enemy's corpse, alongside with missing 2 mission in America and Europe Version(Crossing the Checkpoint and Punish the Corrupt Minister while Rikimaru execute Minister Kataoka).
- This is also happened with Tenchu 2 in Japanese Version.
- Until Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven, the later game of Tenchu does not feature dismemberment or removed.